Volunteering is a practical application of philosophy. In his book The Laws, Plato recommended volunteering for young people. All of NA’s activities in the different programmes are carried out by volunteers.
- Environmental volunteering actions, aimed at the protection of nature and human beings
- Ecological cleaning of significant public spaces in cities and national parks. Emergency risks. Care for specific trees in cities
- Reforestation and environmental awareness campaigns, fire prevention
- Volunteering training courses
- Nature camps and responsible hiking
- Looking after and monitoring rivers and natural areas
- Litter picking and recycling
- Shelters for abandoned animals. Animal protection. Installation of feeders for animals and birds
- Events for raising environmental awareness
- Support for various international campaigns, such as “Plant for the Planet”, “International Mother Earth Day” and “World Cleanup Day”
- Promotion of own initiatives and projects, such as “Urban vegetable gardens” and “Urban forests”, “Environment Week”, etc.
- Humanitarian and Social Volunteering Actions
- Collections and deliveries of food, clothes, teaching materials, products for children and toys
- Humanitarian assistance in emergency situations
- Bringing culture and kindness to homes for the elderly and children
- Workshops for making toys and clothes for the most vulnerable in society
- Participation in volunteering fairs and exhibitions
If we can’t find anything that’s worthwhile, there is no better constructive criticism than to get to work on what we believe to be good and possible. Setting a good example continues to be the best of teachings, the best demonstration and the most polished argument.
Delia Steinberg Guzmán