Teaching and Research
In 1966 she began to study the complete syllabus of the School of Philosophy of the International Organization New Acropolis under the guidance of its founder, Professor Jorge Angel Livraga. She subsequently joined the teaching staff of the Institution, giving classes on History of Philosophy, Moral Philosophy, History of Religions, Eastern Philosophy, Psychology, Metaphysical Aesthetics, Oratory and all the other topics which are covered in the New Acropolis Program of Studies. She has also produced teacher training manuals for the above-mentioned subjects.
Her work as a teacher has also expanded to include giving training courses for other teachers and educators within New Acropolis.
She has delivered courses, lectures and seminars in different countries across Europe, America and Asia on topics such as "Common Features in Ancient Civilizations", "Pain and its Causes", "Esoteric Traditions about the Origins of Man and the Universe", "The Keys to Astrology", "Philosophy for Living", "The Anguish of Youth", "Astrology and Psychology ", "Egypt: Thought, Life and Religion", "The Initiatic Way of Santiago", “The Legacy of the Templars", "The Metaphysical Beauty of Woman", "Tradition and Time", "Music Therapy", "Colour Therapy", and many more.
In 1977 she founded and promoted a Short Story Competition in Spain which has now been through 25 editions, and has formed part of the panel of judges alongside important figures in the genre of literary narrative.
From 1972 to 1991 she was the director of this Institution in Spain, during which time the cultural activity of New Acropolis spread to more than thirty cities around the country.
Throughout this time she promoted teaching and research activities in several areas:
- For children and teenagers: Camping trips, excursions, story-telling, introductory workshops to philosophy as an educational tool, etc.
- Medicine and holistic therapies, with continuing development and research programs for doctors, health technicians, therapists, etc., including workshops given by leading professionals on Acupuncture, Laser Therapy, Homeopathy, Magneto-therapy, Bioenergetics, etc.
- Social action: Training courses and workshops for volunteers, including active participation in ecological and social programs, disaster relief, animal welfare centers, etc., in association with official organizations.
All of these initiatives have had far-reaching repercussions, both nationally and internationally.
From 1975 to 1991, she was also the coordinator of the activities of New Acropolis in Europe. In 1991, after the death of the founder, Professor Jorge Angel Livraga, she was elected International President of New Acropolis. In this capacity she has been responsible for managing and coordinating the cultural and educational work of this International Association in all the countries in which it is established.
She has published many articles in magazines and newspapers on topics related to philosophy, music, history and culture in general.
In 1972 she founded and continues to direct the Spanish magazine "Cuadernos de Cultura" (Cultural Notebooks) in which she wrote many articles and serials on a theme, such as "Between Ourselves", "At the End of the Day ", "A Story to Tell", and "Let’s Ask Ourselves…" - dedicated to promoting the practical application of philosophy in daily life.
Since 2000, she also has also been editor of the cultural magazine "Sphinx", which is published throughout Spain and in various countries in Latin America.
Published Books and Handbooks
She has written more than thirty books and handbooks about Practical Philosophy, Psychology, Ancient Civilizations, Astrology, etc., including the following:
- Los Juegos de Maya (The Games of Maya) (Madrid, 1st ed. 1980, 2nd ed. 1982)
- Hoy vi… (Today I saw…) (Madrid, 1st ed.)
- Me dijeron que (I was told...) (Madrid, 1st ed. 1984)
- El héroe cotidiano (The Everyday Hero) (Madrid, 1st ed. 1996, 2nd ed. 2002)
- Amor platónico, amor sexual (Platonic love, sexual love) (Lima, 1998)
- ¿Por qué creer en la reencarnación? (Why believe in reincarnation? (Lima, 1999)
- Razones para ver la vida con optimismo (Reasons to look at life with optimism) (Lima 1999)
- El arte de saber elegir (The art of knowing how to choose) (Lima, 2002)
- La belleza metafísica de la mujer (The metaphysical beauty of woman) (Lima 2002)
- El alma de la mujer (The woman´s soul) (Madrid, 2002)
- Libertad e inexorabilidad (Freedom and inexorability) (Madrid, 2002)
- El carácter según los astros (Character according to the Stars) (Madrid, 2002)
- Esoterismo práctico (Practical Esoterism) (Madrid, 2002)
- La vida después de la muerte (Life after Death) (Madrid, 2002)
- Filosofía para vivir (Philosophy for Living) (Madrid, 2005)
- ¿Qué hacemos con el corazón y la mente? (What do we do with Heart and Mind?) (Madrid, 2005)
- ¿Soy libre realmente? (Am I really free?) (Lima, 2005)
- Pensamientos (Thoughts) (Lima, 2007)
All of them are published in Spanish and many of them have been translated into other languages such as French, English, German, Turkish, Russian, Czech, Romanian, Portuguese, Greek, etc.
Since 1995 she has directed the publication of a Yearbook with a summary of activities carried out by New Acropolis in the forty-eight countries where it is present. The Yearbook reflects the Organization’s direct action and participation in society, in the fields of culture, ecology, music, medicine, martial arts and social issues, with the spirit of unity and diversity that characterizes it and which she has worked to promote and bring into reality for more than forty years.
The Yearbook of Activities is published in Spanish and English and is distributed globally to both individuals and institutions.
In recognition for her work as Director of New Acropolis, she was awarded the Silver Medal for Arts, Science and Literature in 1980 by the Academic Society for Education and Encouragement, accredited by the Académie Française.